Adminswife

Sunday, August 25, 2013

SUNDAY!!!!!

Today is our last day in Minot.  Our train SUPPOSEDLY leaves tonight at 9:45.  We'll see if it is on time.

After church, we went to Erin's work picnic at a park next to the zoo.  Her work paid for everyone to get into the zoo.  Ask me if it is 95*!  The following are pictures taken at the zoo by Elyse! 




You are supposed to pay 25c for the merry-go-round, but it never stopped working, so it was free!
































See how hot little "B's" face is?














It was fun to watch Bristol.  She knows the names of most of the animals.  Her favorite is the "llama, llama's."

While Bristol is napping we are just chilling!  We are too hot and tired to do anything else.  What a way to end an amazing week!

On the train to Minot, Elyse's plan was to make a slouchy beanie hat for Erin.  The yarn she got, she didn't like.  Plus we left it on the train (accidentally, of course).  When we got here, we headed to JoAnn's to try another yarn.  The yarn we bought was horrible to work with - it had fuzzies coming off - it was a mess.  Elyse undid the knitting, wound up the yarn and we took it back.  I didn't think they would take it back - but they did.  So, Elyse stayed up half the night to finish knitting the hat so we could leave it with Erin before we left tonight on the train.  Here is the results:








I think Erin likes it!  Do you?

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2013 9:28 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

I miss you all already! Elyse, I looove the hat; you did a great job. Thank you! Come visit me again very soon!

 
At August 27, 2013 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I miss you too, Erin!!! :(

Thanks so much! And, I will... or you come visit us, which sounds more likely to me. (:

 
At August 28, 2013 7:30 AM, Blogger Emily said...

The hat is so cute! I love it!

What a fun trip! Wish I could have been there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home