Adminswife

Sunday, September 08, 2013

WARSAW!!!!!

Betsey invited us to her apartment so that Elyse could make another yarn bowl.  Plus we could get in a little kayaking, just for fun.  I have never been in a kayak, so this was a new experience for me.  I would do it again - it was great fun!

Our host!

Getting ready for a short spin...

Elyse's turn...


I did it!

Elyse on shore because the boat only holds two people...

Paddled this far, and just enjoyed the waves...

Coming back...

These guys stayed out for over an hour - such a great time...


Elyse had to play in the sand after their tour around the lake...

Huh?

The pottery place - this is the top to Betsey's butter dish.  Elyse says it looks like the miracle pill made by Miracle Max.


Doesn't it?

Elyse working hard on her "J" yarn bowl...

The finished top...

After the pottery was all painted, we headed to the Amish Cinnamon Bun place.  Too bad they were sold out.  We had to suffer with a half gallon of chocolate milk - yum, yum!  Thanks Betsey for a great time.

3 Comments:

At September 08, 2013 9:02 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Looks like SO much fun! Kayaking & painting...so worth the trip. Once I live in the area again, I would love to do these sorts of family activities a lot!

 
At September 09, 2013 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is welcome for kayaking, any time! Hurry up; the sunshine is one its way out for the season!!! Come on down. :)

I would have you guys out again any day, Mom. It was so fun! And next time we'll get the cinnamon rolls early. :)

Betsey

 
At September 12, 2013 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to come back, right?? We don't know how many more sunny days we'll get! Don't let me eat all those cinnamon rolls by myself. ;) Love you!!! I miss you guys.

Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home