Adminswife

Thursday, July 12, 2007

SMASHES, KILLINGS and THE LIKE!!!!!

Today we decided to stay at the cabin and play and watch DVD's. I thought we needed to take a walk, so we headed out the door. Elyse decided to slam the door on my fingers. I saw stars. I turned all white and thought I was going to pass out. Great! No phone, no people around, scary thoughts. After 12 one inch cubes of ice, I was on my way for my walk. I think I might lose a fingernail in the healing process, we will see. Elyse is very concerned about me.

Elyse & Zachary went mountain climbing again today. Elyse came back with what she thought was an egg of some kind. I said it was a jelly bean and told her I would open it and prove it. So, I did. Messy liquid oozed out and something fell on the ground. I looked and it was a baby salamander. I guess you would say I am an abortionist. We have pictures, enjoy.


The poor thing on the gravel parking lot.

We put him in a cup so we could show Dad when he got back.

Here is the whole nest of eggs. They are only about 1/2 and inch long. Who would have thunk?

We saw Bridge to Terabithia on DVD - it was amazing. They used the "H" word once, and the "D" word twice, but otherwise, a GREAT movie. The kids loved it. Dad and I love it. It was really good - a must see!

We also saw
Ratatouille, another good movie for the kids. I thought it was stupid and Dad was bored, but Z & E loved it.

We will be leaving here on Saturday morning and heading to the Smoky Mountains, Mayfield Ice Cream plant, and Answer in Genesis Museum. We will be writing more often because we will have internet access and a phone. Boy, you don't realize what you have until it is gone.

Miss you all - Grace you get better quick, Gma says so!


2 Comments:

At July 13, 2007 6:07 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Aaaawawwwww! That poor baby lizardy thing...it's sooooo cute! I hope it's little brothers and sisters all make it. What adorable little critters! Haha, Mom, you make me laugh you abortionist you.

Have fun on the rest of your vacation! I hope your finger heals well and quickly...ug, that must have hurt so badly! I feel for you.

Congrats on being done, Dad! Update all you want, Mom, I love to read about it. And I really wanna see both of those movies you mentioned in your post. They look like loads of fun. Stay safe! Haha, I wrote "sage" the first time. That too!

 
At July 14, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Emily said...

so will you be staying at a hotel? is that why you will have phone/internet? betsey is going to the answers in genesis museum too sometime this summer. it looks really great!

i didn't know salamanders were hatched out of eggs...i'd say was you did isn't nearly as bad as what dan and dorian did this past monday. they found a toad (toad mind you not frog) at their softball game. so they thought it would be a great idea to feed it to our huge fish. it was inhumane. toads can't swim for very long, and the fish was just nipping at it for a while before it realized it didn't like the taste of toad...i was in the bedroom trying not to listen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home