Adminswife

Friday, October 31, 2008

IT IS FINISHED!!!!!

It took us awhile, but the downstairs is finally done and in working order. We now can have school in one room and all the books and papers are handy.

The beds aren't made yet, but they will be when you come for a visit. Why let the sheets get stale and dusty, when you aren't even coming?

I moved some of our extra furniture downstairs, since I sold most of the original stuff.

Betsey's room is quite empty (so is Erin's for that matter). The white thing at the end of Betsey's bunk beds is my four-drawer file cabinet. I didn't know where to put it in the family room. My intention was to have half the family room empty so that we could put all the toys down there. But, we ran out of room quickly. So, the toys are still in the kids rooms upstairs and it is quite the mess.

Emily & Erin's things are all gone. Only Betsey's is left. Like I said before, I put extra stuff in each bedroom trying to make room in the family room (I failed, it didn't work).

Notice the white desk. I bought it on craigslist for $20. From the front, it looks pretty good. But, there isn't a back on it. It is a homemade concoction. But, it serves the purpose for which I bought it. Also, Elyse was trying to hide, but she didn't do a very good job.

The bathroom has new linoleum and a new vanity (including the sink and faucet). I still have the same nasty shower curtain - I won't be changing that - we will just live with it. I am debating whether to put the rugs back on - they say the backing causing the linoleum to turn yellow. Not sure I want that to happen on our new stuff.

So, what do you think? Did we do o.k.? You should come see it in person before it gets too dirty. Now the upstairs looks awful. We will try cleaning the carpets and see if that improves things. Not too hopeful though.

4 Comments:

At October 31, 2008 12:39 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

cuuuuuuuuuute. :)

good job, mom! you downsized a lot on the amount of stuff in the rooms, i can tell. did you get those bookcases moved back in? that must have taken forEVER! love you and talk to you later.

 
At November 01, 2008 8:45 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow! It looks great! Can't wait to come see it in person!

 
At November 06, 2008 10:42 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Ummm...I don't see Elyse. Am I losing it?

Don't do the rugs! Or get ones without backing...

The place looks great...

 
At November 06, 2008 2:21 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

You have to click on the picture to see Elyse - she is behind the white desk, near the wall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home