Adminswife

Monday, April 13, 2009

BEST DAY OF THE WEEKEND!!!!!

Another post without pictures, sorry.

The plan was to get up to see the sun rise on Easter Sunday. But, the steel mills won't let you see the sun rise, so we decided not to go.

The music at church was awesome. The mixed ensemble sang a medley of "Lamb of God." They were amazing. Sandy Soliday sang "Was it a morning like this." She sounds like Sandi Patti - she is so good. Megan Huber played a piano prelude "Easter Song." WOW! The hymns really set the mood for worship.

It was just the four of us for dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus and lemon bars. The lemon bars would not come out of the pan. I had to have Tim chisel them out. They tasted fine, but they liked the pan better than being eaten.

The afternoon was restful. Around 7:30, Betsey, Emily and Erin H. came in. Emily & Erin stayed the night and left in the wee hours of the morning for Mexico. Betsey has an interview today in LaCrosse. It was fun talking with them and catching up on our time apart. Pray for Betsey's interview. Pray for safety for Emily & Erin as they spend a week in Mexico.

All in all, we had a GREAT weekend! Hope you enjoyed your weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

Next entry - I promise to have pictures. But, don't hold your breath!

4 Comments:

At April 13, 2009 10:03 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

WOW! I missed a lot while I was out in the woods this weekend. I am so happy you all had such a great weekend. You know what would top off your weekend perfectly? An offer on the house! Hope you hear positive feedback from the people who looked at the house.

I prayed for Betsey! I hope she does well in this interview, if it's where God wants her and Micah to end up. That's funny, she needed nylons...thank goodness those are a thing of the past for me!

Ok, you have the COOLest restaurants! I want a train to bring me food! And what was that place you went to in Michigan? Em seemed to know what it was, and she wanted to go too! I forgot she was heading to Mexico this week. What a fun trip! I know she could use the break. Did she bring pepper spray or something?

Love you all...T and I and the pup are doing well, after a long weekend and a run-in with ticks...we'll update hopefully tonight or sometime soon on the blog with pictures and videos. Talk to you later!

 
At April 13, 2009 6:52 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Ugh, I hate ticks.

Redamaks is a premium hamburger restaurant. They have other things, too, but high quality burgers are the main attraction. It is in New Buffalo, MI, just over the state line.

Tyler's Tender, the place with the trains, had homemade potato chips that were marvelous.

 
At April 18, 2009 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for praying for me, Er! I think the interview went well...now I just need to get certified to teach Spanish. :( Boooo. (not on teaching Spanish, but working on additional certifications)

It was so good being home!!! I love seeing you all, even when it's brief. Thanks for having me over and letting me use your car. :)

Looove,
Betsey

 
At April 19, 2009 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great Easter service. i have heard Sandy Soliday sing that song and it is beautiful.
MCAunt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home