Adminswife

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CONTINUING TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

Last night we tried to go to Randy's for dinner. They are closed on Mondays. So, we are planning on going tonight. We are at the library now because they have free internet.

This morning, we decided to go to Cloudland Canyon for a hike. Z & E, do you remember going there with the Howard family? Dad & I took the fork to the right instead of the left we took last year. We walked FOREVER!!!!! The sign said 3/10 of a mile, but I think they measured straight down because we walked down stairs and hills forever - I bet we walked 6 miles around and around. When we got back to the fork in the road, we went the other way. The HUGE waterfall was only 1/10 away from the fork (the place we played in the water with the Howard family). It is off limits now. The Georgian's made a law that you can't climb on the rocks, or get in the water. Bummer! I am so glad that we let you kids play in the water last year, now you can't do it.

Guess what? They rent cabins here for $120 a night. They have three bedrooms. Anyone want to take a road trip in the near future?

Here are some of the stairs we climbed. Going down was bad enough, but we had to climb them back up (torture, for sure). There are over 1,000 stairs to climb (not counting the hills and level parts).


Proof that Dad made it to the bottom. This is where we let the kids play in the water last year and climb behind the falls. There is a sign now that prohibits climbing on the rocks, etc. How stupid!

Remember this huge rock, kids? Going down we enjoyed looking at it. The trail goes right under this rock.

Here is some of the gorgeous view. The camera doesn't do it justice, but we thought you would like to see it anyway. You all need to come down here and check it out for yourselves.

A good resting place on the way back up. It is shady and the breeze comes by every so often. I think I stayed here over 10 minutes trying to catch my breath. I guess the scenery took it away.

More views of our cabin. This is the porch that overlooks the valley (it is a long way down - remember losing tennis balls down the hill, Zachary?).

Mrs. Spider was busy on our front porch last night - ewww!
Having a great time. We can never thank you kids enough for this trip, but we will keep on trying. THANKS!!!!!

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 2:16 PM, Blogger Emily said...

The first thing I did was check to see that Mom was wearing the appropriate footwear. Good job, Ma! I thought you might be like Elyse and be wearing flip-flops.

The scenery is beautiful!

 
At July 14, 2009 7:34 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

I'd be catching my breath too! What a hike! The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The camera did a pretty good job, it must be unreal to experience firsthand. Cool waterfall! I remember seeing pictures of the kids last year playing in the falls.

I get all the thanks I need looking at these pictures and hearing about the fun you and Dad are having. And I was glad to see you both had proper hiking attire on too. I guess you trained us well, we both looked to make sure what you were wearing! :)

 
At July 16, 2009 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! It's fun to see you guys enjoying the trip. I'm glad you get to relive experiences you enjoyed so much the first time, Mom, and I'm glad Dad gets to find out what all the excitement was about!

You have some really gorgeous shots of the views there. Incredible! The mountains are really something.

I am proud of you for making that hike! Way to go! Who needs Curves?? :)

Love you two! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

P.S. We have internet now. :)

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home