Adminswife

Sunday, June 21, 2009

AND...HE DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!

Today was the first game of the tournament. If you lose, you are done. If you win, you get to keep playing until you lose or win all the games.

Zachary's team (which is in first place in the regular season) played today and won. Luke K. hit a grand slam. It was awesome. Luke usually bats left handed. In the last inning, he decided to bat right handed. He figured - we are winning, what the heck. Luckily, the pitcher walked him.

The score was 13-2 (we think). No matter what the exact score was, we won! Now we play again on Tuesday at 7:30. At 7:00, FEBC is giving Betsey a wedding shower. So, the girls will head to FEBC and the boys will head to the second game of the tournament.

If Zachary's team wins on Tuesday, they will play again on Thursday. It will be a busy week!

5 Comments:

At June 21, 2009 9:48 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Way to go, Zilla! I heard about your game from Dad on the phone; way to go, starting off the hitting in the 4th inning! I'm so proud! Keep it up, I love hearing about your games.

Have fun, girlies, at your shower! Yaaaaaaay!

 
At June 21, 2009 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Zach is diving into something he enjoys. It's fun to watch him get into baseball and succeed at it! Wish I could make it to more games.

I hope you blog about the movie experience later...I don't think anyone will believe how late you stayed up! :)

love,
Betsey

 
At June 22, 2009 7:13 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

OK - the movie experience. Dad, Z, E & I went to the 49er Drive-In last night to see "Up" and "The Night of the Museum 2." It costs $8 for Dad & I, $4 for Z & E. So, for $24 four of us saw two movies. Since we only had our little car, we had the kids sit on lawn chairs with blankets (in case it go cold - NOT). They were also covered in OFF. We got there early, so Dad & I took a walk. On the way back, I asked Dad if we could buy popcorn (which we never do at the movies, but thought this was a special evening). So, we did - for $3.50. The kids loved the movies! It was a fun evening. We got home around 12:45 a.m. After brushing our teeth, using the facilities, we all went to bed. Dad & I got up this morning at 5:35 (our new wake-up time) and I went to Curves and he rode the bike (die-hards, I know). Two more weeks at Curves, and I am done. A long story - I won't bore you with it now. Anyway, it was a great evening, thanks for asking, Betsey. BTW, the kids are still asleep (except Betsey, because she has an interview in Elkhart - pray!).

 
At June 22, 2009 7:15 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow, Zach! You are just awesome at baseball! I wish I could see some of your games! We'll just have to visit the park by our house when you are up here in July! :)

 
At June 22, 2009 8:34 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh how fun! I love the drive-in. I'm glad the kids liked it. Did they both stay awake for both movies?? You didn't get much sleep! But I'm proud of you two, working out like pros! I'll be praying for Buzz too. Oh, and when you are done at Curves, are you and Dad going to take turns riding the bike? Or what's the new plan?

Love you guys! Thanks for the fact filled updates, I love hearing about your days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home