Adminswife

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PANCAKES AND JELLO ANYONE?????

Since we are moving, I packed all my measuring cups. We moved them to VH yesterday. Today, I decided to make pancakes. Measuring cups...no way, I have plastic 9 oz cups leftover from the wedding. So, I would make do.

We are also trying to eat all our food in the cabinets. So, I decided to make Elyse her favorite - JELLO! I was doing both pancakes and jello at the same time. While the pancakes were cooking, I started to pour the boiling hot water into the 9 oz plastic cup. Did it melt? Yes! Then boiling water started pooling on the counter - heading to my NEW cookbook I got for my birthday. Trying to save the cookbook, I put the tea pot down and moved the cookbook (it got a small amount of water damage). Then I started cleaning up the water.

Dad came in the room and started laughing at my mess. I was not in the mood for laughter, so I got mad until...I saw the teapot. Then I lost it!

Follow the pictures and you will see what I mean!

The cup...

The teapot...


The bottom of said teapot...

The gorgeous pancakes...

Now that you are done laughing, you can feel sorry for me. I did, in the process, burn two fingers. Now everyone say "awwwwww."

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2009 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!!! Thanks for posting this! That's hilarious. Did the teapot help flatten out the pancakes?? They look pretty good - nice work!

love you,
Buzz

 
At July 28, 2009 2:56 PM, Blogger Emily said...

OH i am busting a gut in my cube right now!

 
At July 28, 2009 3:14 PM, Anonymous Lacey said...

You're amazing - cooking with all your kitchen supplies packed away! This story did make me giggle. A lot. I could imagine being so annoyed that the water went everywhere (especially on your new cookbook! boo!)...But the pancake picture is HILARIOUS! :-) Love you!

 
At July 28, 2009 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a funny!!! No measuring cups should lead to an interesting week...hope you survive it:) Thanks for sharing, LOVED the pictures.
It was nice to see you and talk for a while today.
Nona

 
At July 28, 2009 6:20 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

HAHAHAHA! I read this at work first, and laughed out loud in my cubicle (which I share with many people) when I saw the teapot picture on the griddle. Ohhh, Mom! You are hysterical.

 
At July 28, 2009 6:33 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Haha - that is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home