Adminswife

Saturday, July 18, 2009

LAST FULL DAY!!!!!

Yesterday we rode the free shuttle into Chattanooga with the plan on riding the "Chattanooga Ducks" at 2:00 p.m. When we got there, the 2:00 was full. So, we bought tickets for the 4:00 ride and went to find lunch. BTW, I got the senior citizen discount - tee-hee. We ended up at the "Blue Plate." The decor is really cute. You sit in a 3/4 round booth, all blue, of course. Here is Dad in the booth:

We ordered an appetizer called "French Dip." It was homemade potato chips with french onion dip. It was pretty good, except that they left the plate of chips on the counter too long and they were cold. I almost sent them back, but decided to eat them instead. Dad ordered a BLT and I ordered a chicken salad sandwich (which was to die for). Mine came with the chips mentioned above, so I substituted grilled asparagus (which was very good and I let Dad eat half of them). Should I tell you that the above cost $30 - shocking! Our french dip:

This sign was at the exit and I took a picture of it just for Betsey:

Meet the "Chattanooga Ducks." These "boats" go on land and water. You climb a ladder up the back of the "boat", you sit in seats that once were seats on a bus, then enjoy the ride.

Before take-off:

The ladder you climb on to get in the "boat" and yes, water comes in the back when you get to the water.

Some scenery from the boats. How would you like to live on top of this hill?

A blue heron - we didn't see any beavers, but saw lots of dens for them. I guess they were taking their siesta.

The Tennessee Aquarium view from the Tennessee River.

It was a good relaxing day. We didn't walk too far (no worries, Emily, I wore my flip-flops). The man driving the boat let all the children take a turn driving. They had such fun doing that. I wish Z & E were with us - they would have loved driving this huge boat.

Today, we are just chilling. We are blogging, then heading to Cracker Barrel for brunch, then packing what we can and reading the rest of the day. Dad has a good book called "Ike." I have two books and lots of magazines to read. I bought a "Simple and Delicious" magazine that has lots of recipes that I want to try when we move (they will save money). If any of them are really good, I will email them to you girls.

Betsey & Micah are at our house last night. Betsey is going to Jaymi's baby shower and then driving her car home. Micah will sleep in and then drive home in his car. I still remember to pick up the cooler, I hope I still remember tomorrow!

Have a great day! Enjoy our children for another day and a half.

2 Comments:

At July 19, 2009 4:12 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh so fun! That boat ride looked awesome; and what a house on that hill! Don't know if I would like it if I were in hurricane land, but up there it's probably safe.

I loved that blue plate place! It looked like a lot of fun.

You two have been enjoying Cracker Barrel, haha! I love that you get to go whenever you want for this week. Enjoy!

Ooo, cheap recipes. I should subscribe to a cooking magazine, then I wouldn't have to dig up recipes online every week or so.

Thanks for the photos once again! Please have a safe drive home, call if you get bored!

 
At July 20, 2009 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to ride those duck things...and take a turn driving!!! Do they let 22-year-old kids take turns driving??? They oughta.

You guys got to see and experience some pretty sweet things! I am so excited for you two - glad you enjoyed your trip! I would love to go visit some of those places myself someday.

I LOVED the old/blue/borrowed/new sign! HAHA!!! Very clever on their part. Witty advertising.

Thanks for sharing; I'm glad you guys are home now! Sorry about leaving all my belongings at your house. My bad. :)

love,
Boo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home