Adminswife

Thursday, September 03, 2009

MY FIRST FRESH PEACH PIE!!!!!

Last year, we tried to get a fresh peach pie from Shipshewanna. They said to come back August 4th (which was two weeks away). This year, we decided to try again. Now they don't make peach pies anymore because they can't keep them fresh. We were very disappointed.

When we were at the pig roast, we bought about 20 MICHIGAN peaches from a fruit stand. I decided that I would make my own fresh peach pie. Isn't is gorgeous?

Not only is it good looking, but it was amazing eating it. Even the kids liked it (and they don't usually like pie).

I must confess though: Dad made the crust. He does a much better job at making it pretty. I would just slap it together (it tastes the same, no matter how it looks). My peaches are gone, or Dan & Emily would enjoy a piece this weekend. Maybe they will get a blueberry one!?!

Emily - if you want to pick up some more peaches, we could make one this weekend. If not, blueberry will have to do!

4 Comments:

At September 03, 2009 9:03 AM, Blogger Emily said...

WOW! All I can say is WOW! That is one amazing pie!

If you want me to bring more peaches, I can try.

 
At September 03, 2009 10:09 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

If I pick some peaches, will you come down here and make a pie for me? Cuz I totally will! That pie looks fabulous! Mm mm. Can't believe I missed it.

I'm pretty sure I would do the same thing you do with the crust, Mom. Haha! I'm making a cake this weekend...should be interesting. Wish me luck!

 
At September 03, 2009 4:46 PM, Blogger Erin Morgan said...

So beautiful!! I love it when I make desserts and they turn out that pretty... Almost too pretty to eat... ALMOST! :)

 
At September 16, 2009 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Mom! That pie is BEAUTIFUL! I am very impressed. I am sure it was delicious; your food ALWAYS is!

Dad - kudos on that crust! It is exquisite - no Amish woman could do any better! ;) I hope you take that as the highest praise.

I love you guys!

- Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home