Adminswife

Saturday, February 13, 2010

OUR FINAL WEEKEND IN MICHIGAN!!!!!


Zachary's birthday is February 9th. Since we are living at Emily's house, we decided to include them in the birthday celebration and Friday night was the only open night. Zachary chose pizza, ice cream and root beer for his dinner choice. Just as I was getting ready to make the pizza, Emily stopped me and said they were taking us out to eat for MY birthday (which is February 18th).

Dan & Emily took us to a mexican restaurant that was to die for. We demolished the first two bowls of chips and salsa, so they brought two more. Then we ordered and had much more than we would want to eat (although, most of us finished our meals). Elyse ordered a children's meal, which wasn't enough for her to eat. She finished Zachary's adult meal and two of my tortillas. We had a fun time eating scrumptious food.

After dinner, we let Zachary open his presents. His first one was a box of "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" cereal. Remember last year? He asked for "Frosted Flakes." I guess this boy is hungry for junk food (we have to stop making that healthy stuff). George helped unwrap his present.

Not to cheat him out of his gifts, he also got a "Nerf Dart Tag" set for two players. Zachary & Elyse have been shooting each other since. We haven't lost any darts yet, but we came close.

If anyone wants to get shot, let Zachary know.

Saturday, we made Zachary's birthday dinner at lunch time. We made homemade pizzas. Besides sauce, we put mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, and pepperoni on it. It was very good. For dessert we had ice cream with chopped candies on top (Heath bars and Butterfingers). For our drink, we had root beer (some of us had leftover Vernors - we ARE in Michigan now!).

It has been a GREAT weekend so far!

Dad will be going back to VH on Sunday. Z, E & I will be going back on Friday (as soon as Dad comes back to get us).

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2010 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun! I always thought Zachary's birthday was the 15th (the same day as mine). Enjoy your final week in Michigan. I'm sure you will all have to get used to "normal" again!
Jane

 
At February 13, 2010 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Aunt Jane said something...I am confident I haven't missed his birthday! It's ok, Mom...we all make the occasionally typo.

Did George really help Zach unwrap? I can't quite tell in the picture if he has his mouth on it or not. Cute!

Looks like Zach had a great birthday! He sounded happy when I talked to him on the phone today. You did a great job of celebrating him in the midst of busyness and getting ready to go back to Illinois!

Thanks for the pictures; I always enjoy seeing you guys.

Love,

Betsey

 
At February 14, 2010 6:18 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Betsey - I didn't even notice there was a typo. YES, Zachary's birthday is February 15th, not the 9th. What a blond mother.

No, George didn't really help with the unwrapping - just checking out the wares (it was also Zachary's cereal and George could probably smell a yummy treat).

 
At February 14, 2010 4:53 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

I was gonna say! I KNEW I hadn't missed his birthday...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy.

Yay, birthdays! Happy early birthday Zilla & Mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home