Adminswife

Thursday, August 19, 2010

VACATION, PART III.....

Last full day of vacation, sad but good.

After breakfast, we headed to Colonel Jones house.

On the way out of the campground, we saw about six wild turkeys. That was amazing! Dad & I also saw them on our morning walk, but we didn't have the camera with us. We did, however, have it in the car. Who would have thought?

On to the Jones house. Of course, it was closed. We could only look through the windows and walk around the yard. It would have been neat to go inside.

Following a country road, we went up and down some steep hills while going 55 mph. The southern version of a roller coaster. Fun!

We decided to go back to Santa Claus, Indiana, to see the two stores we hadn't wasted time to see before. The first store was the Santa Claus Christmas Store. It was filled with every decoration you could imagine to put on your tree, decorate your house, or light up the world. They even had a fully decorated and lighted upside down Christmas tree that spun on its stand. That is even a little too radical for me.

In the back of the store they had fudge and cookies. We had our $8 treat (isn't Dad a softy on vacation?).

Outside, they have several statues of Santa Claus. Yours truly!

If you wanted your Christmas cards canceled by the "Santa Claus Post Office" it would have this special sign on your letter. Maybe next year...

As you four older children know, I wrap small gifts for the kids each vacation. One of the gifts for Elyse was pipe cleaners. She immediately made glasses for me and her. I will only show you her displaying her artistic talent.

I forgot to mention playing miniature golf yesterday. Elyse got several holes with only two swings. Dad & Zachary each got a hole in one. It was a very nice golf course. Lots of water that eats your ball, but it was fun anyway. Betsey, in the middle of the game, Elyse got a bloody nose. Doesn't that bring back memories for you?

After golf, we headed to Sonic. We all had a treat in honor of Dan's wisdom teeth getting taken out. We prayed for you, Dan-O, hope you are feeling better!

Tomorrow we head back to VH. If I can talk Dad into it, we will be stopping at Fair Oaks Dairy Farm for some cheese. That will thrill Zachary and I to death.

3 Comments:

At August 19, 2010 4:14 PM, Blogger Tim said...

We look busy, but we all this activity, I have still had time to read 500 pages of "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin about Lincoln's cabinet. 250 pages to go.

 
At August 19, 2010 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad - the only books of that length that I have read are all Harry Potter. Anything else ought to be abbreviated. It really shouldn't take more than 200 pages to get your message out there, I say.

Mom - great family vacation pictures! It looks like you guys have had a great time together, doing good ole fashioned family stuff. Thanks for sharing all the fun moments. Elyse's glasses are classic.

We had turkeys at our state park too. Crazy!

I like the pic of you and Santy. :)

love you!
Betsey

 
At August 20, 2010 9:28 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Bloody nose...gross! Makes me queasy just thinking about it. K, I'm gonna stop now.

That Aero shirt Elyse is wearing is from me, right??!! Yay, I'm still cool even today. Hahaha!

Your post put me in the Christmas mood. I wanna mail out stuff now. We'll see if I get anything done at all for Christmas this year, though. Maybe I should do it all in October so I don't poop out on you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home