Adminswife

Saturday, July 24, 2010

SHOWER FOR ?????

Lacey hosted a baby shower for Erin.

I left at 6:30 a.m. and got there in 4 1/2 hours (15 minutes longer than normal). Not bad for Chicago traffic.

Erin, however, didn't fare so well. Tobin & Erin left at 7:00 a.m. and got stuck 3 1/2 hours in a stand still. The rain flooded several spots on the freeway plus there were a lot of accidents. One of the cars had water up to the drivers' window. Needless to say, Erin was very late for her own shower.

We started to eat while we waited for Erin. You can't start a baby shower without the guest of honor. Everyone stayed long enough for Erin to get there. After she ate her lunch, we started the party in earnest.

Betsey made the decoration (out of diapers).


Erin opened her gifts - she got a lot of very nice things. Her helpers were Elyse & Grace.


The gang at the shower: Back row - Sarah, Nancy, Laura, me, Ruth, Gma Laga. Front row - Danni, Erin, Elyse (holding Grace), Lacey and Emily. We missed you, Betsey!


One awful cute little helper:

In case you need to know, Elyse & I made it home safely. We had a little scary rain through the construction, but made it home at 10:00 p.m. If I don't see the inside of that car for awhile, it won't hurt my feelings at all.

Thanks Lacey, Emily & Betsey for a great job! Good food, Great decorations, a Fun time!

3 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,

Aw, what a fun post! Thanks so much for thinking of me. I very much missed being there, and I am so happy that everything came together in spite of the frustrating traffic situation. Looks like everyone had a great time!

I heard you won the "water-breaking" game. :) Hah! How come there was no post about that?? ;)

Love you!
Betsey

 
At July 26, 2010 5:17 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

I didn't think people would want to hear about all the games. Lacey said we needed a drink to play the first game. I didn't want a drink, but I got about two inches of water. When she explained the game, I just swirled my drink until it melted. Everyone wondered what people would think if Erin was the one that yelled "Oh, my water broke!"
BTW, the word verification is "diasper." Close enough to diaper, don't you think?

 
At July 28, 2010 11:18 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Yay! Thanks for posting pictures, I will be sure to steal them for keepsakes. Great photo of Betsey's diaper cake!

Oh what a fiasco...it turned out great, but I felt so badly about not being able to be there on time. Everyone stuck around though; they're champs!

Betsey & Em & Lacey put on a beautiful shower. I enjoyed it immensely. We managed to pack everything into the little Torrent, and then again into the Tahoe; with an added headboard/footboard/side rails from Tobin's grandparents. Yikes! The poor puppies were lost back there somewhere. Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home