Adminswife

Saturday, June 19, 2010

31 YEARS, PART 2!!!!!

Since the baseball game was canceled, we decided to go on our "hot" date early. We headed to Cuneo Museum. The website said it was open from 10-5. When we got there, the sign said they were open 11-3. Bummer! We started to turn around and the security guard stopped us. The gardens were open, but the mansion wasn't open until 11:30. Dad and I walked around the gorgeous gardens. As Dad said, "Just because you are rich, doesn't mean you have any taste." We saw beautiful flowers. The walking was very nice. There were lots of shade trees, otherwise, it would have been way too hot. Even if this was our "hot" date.

Isn't this something?

The front of the mansion/museum...

The backyard...

Even the bird houses looked like the mansion down to the paint job...

Wouldn't this make a nice aisle for a wedding?

There were fountains and statues all over the grounds (ugly to me)...

Not sure if this was a playhouse for the children, or something else (when the family bought this house, their children were 5 and 7).

What our storm did all over Vernon Hills...

After the museum, we went to the "Wildberry" for lunch. It was crowded, noisy and amazing. Dad had a three egg omelet and I had a Chicken Cranberry Wrap that I couldn't finish (if you can believe that). Dad finished his just fine. I will finish mine for dinner tonight.

It was a nice celebration of our 31 years. Enjoy the pictures. Oh BTW, since the library has passes, we got in FREE to the museum. Too bad they don't have passes for the restaurants.

4 Comments:

At June 19, 2010 5:47 PM, Blogger Tim said...

You can check out the museum at cuneomansion.org. The interior has touches like every surface in the master bath being covered with gold. They had no idea what the word "excess" meant.

 
At June 19, 2010 9:51 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Whoaaa! Nice digs. Except I don't think I would "midas" my bathroom. Eesh.

Congrats again! Thanks for the photos of your day. It looks like it was a beautiful day for your anniversary celebration (if a little hot!).

 
At June 19, 2010 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos, Mom! I looooove gardens! I give a thumbs up to the fountains all over, but I am not sure I appreciate random statuary either.

Erin - "midas," ha! :)

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! We are proud of you guys. Good parents are hard to raise. ;)

love,
Betsey

 
At June 21, 2010 7:25 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow! That house is crazy! I would have loved to see it!

I agree with Buz...due to our long years of sweat and tears, it would appear you two turned out great! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home