Adminswife

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

FUN TIMES!!!!!

Anybody want a bite? Excuse the mess behind the berries.


Monday was supposed to rain buckets, God changed his mind. I woke the kids up at 6:30 and said, "Anybody want to pick strawberries?" They weren't too pleased to be woken up, but they got up anyway.

We drove 40 minutes to the strawberry patch in Wisconsin. It was a great day to pick. The weather was warm, but not too hot. We had a good breeze. I found out how old I am. The first time I stooped to pick a strawberry, my legs said, "NO WAY!" I ended up bending at the waist with my legs straight, until I couldn't take it anymore and then I crawled. My legs are still screaming this morning.

The kids were great at picking. No complaints. In fact, Zachary wants to go back. If I had room for the berries, I would take him up on it. He said I could sit in a chair and watch them pick. Great idea for next year!!!!!

The picture above is missing one basket of strawberries. Those were made up into 11 jars of jelly. Yum-yum!

Heading to Florida on Thursday with Betsey & Elyse. Road trip, here we come! Pictures to follow.

4 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 7:16 AM, Blogger Tim said...

"God changed His mind"? I didn't know He provided weather.com's forecasts. Those are good strawberries (very sweet). Wish I could eat more.

 
At June 22, 2010 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Will you be bringing any strawberries on the road trip?? :)

Zach's such a good kid. Volunteering to do more work. I don't think I've ever woken up at 6:30 with a hankering to pick berries.

Love you guys!
Betsey

 
At June 23, 2010 4:29 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Um, yes, are you bringing any on the trip? :) We picked strawberries, but we were a bit late and all of ours were very sour.

Looks scrumptious! And yes, totally a good thing to let the kids take care of next year. If they wanna come pick for me, I'd be cool with that!

 
At June 25, 2010 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm, you're coming to Florida??? I know you've already left, but maybe we could have met halfway down the state? Nah, don't want to go where the beaches are oily....Ha!

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home