Adminswife

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!

Emily, Dan, George, Betsey, Micah & Zelda came to visit over the weekend. We had a GREAT time. They all left on Sunday evening. The two dogs had a great time chasing one another. My photographer might make you dizzy, but it was fun to watch first hand. Enjoy!.

On Monday, we spent the day cleaning the house, catching up on laundry and skipping school (the best part according to Zachary & Elyse). In the evening, Tim & I went on a "hot" date. We tried "Corner Bakery" for the first time. It is similar to Panera Bread. We were supposed to have a drink and talk, but ended up getting dessert. Dad had a lemon bar, and I had lemon cake. It was pretty good. Dad, of course, had coffee, I had black currant tea (that was o.k., I won't get it again though - raspberry or mango is much better). Dad bought me flowers.

The evening ended with a trip to Dominicks to get the milk that was on sale for $1.99.

5 Comments:

At September 07, 2010 9:18 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Pretty flowers!

Elyse did a good job with the video. Oh my, things would have been craaazy if all 4 dogs were there. That's why we like having a fenced in yard; let 'em run around like that outside! :) I'm sure Dad would appreciate it too.

Sorry we missed you guys this weekend! Someday it'll just be a quick trip to go see everybody (we hope).

Getting excited for baby down here! Tobin leaves in a week (9 days?) for Washington, and when he gets back we only have 6 weeks left until baby comes. Yikes!

 
At September 07, 2010 10:40 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wait, what were the flowers for? Did Dad give them to you on your date night? They are very pretty.

Thanks for putting us up and watching the dog. We had a great time!

 
At September 07, 2010 11:07 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Dad wants to buy me flowers every once in awhile. He bought the flowers for our "hot" date.

 
At September 07, 2010 2:51 PM, Blogger Tim said...

"What were the flowers for?" I see you do not exactly consider me a hopeless romantic.

Watching Zelda run while George "chased" her was a lot of fun. He would just reverse direction and saunter until they met face-to-face and then repeat. He probably went 4 steps for every 40 Zelda ran.

 
At September 09, 2010 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! What a nice guy.

We had so much fun with you guys this past weekend! I love when the dogs get together so they can play. It's fun having a family that enjoys that as well. Mom and Dad, I do truly appreciate that you are so gracious with hosting our dogs. I know it's not easy for either of you. Thanks for loving us so well!

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home