Adminswife

Saturday, September 18, 2010

RAIN...APPLES...MICHIGAN!!!!!

Since apples are $1.89 a pound to pick in our area, we decided, at the last minute, to drive to Michigan and meet up with Luke's family. On the way, it started raining, then it poured, but I kept driving. I'm not going to turn back now. When we got to the orchard, it had stopped raining. It was muddy, but we had our boots on, so no big deal. The hay wagon got our bottoms wet, and so did the trees. We had a great time.

The pickers:

One happy boy (he loves to pick apples every year).

We picked two bushels of apples, then bought a 1/2 bushel of apples already picked, plus a gallon of apple cider. I wanted donuts, but I didn't see any.

I think this is the only picture we took of Jaden when he wasn't crying.

It wouldn't be apple picking without a picture in the big chair. Again, Jaden is crying.

The kids went through the corn maze. I have always wanted to do that, but didn't take the time today. Maybe next year.

On the way home, we decided to stop at Emily & Dan's house for a little break. Emily & Erin H. were busy making apple pie fillings, apple bread and an apple dessert. The house smelled so good. George was glad to see us. He misses Zachary.

All in all, it was an amazing day! Now we have a HUGE job ahead of us to make apple pie fillings, apple sauce and eat them whole!!!!!

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 9:44 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Aw, this is an awesome post! So much nostalgia, I miss apple-picking and DEFINITELY the smell of homemade applesauce cooking. And a cool fall day to pick apples in! (don't miss winter too much yet, except maybe one or two snowfalls)

 
At September 18, 2010 10:09 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Great last-minute decision. And I got ready for Monday's class, too!

 
At September 20, 2010 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,these are really great pictures! Nice job. I love the whole apples, leaves, and pumpkins season! It makes fall such a fun and unique time. We kids all have great memories of apple picking and applesauce-making with you in the fall. I am sure I will carry on those traditions someday if I have kids.

Love you,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home