Adminswife

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FIELD TRIP!!!!!

Today was FREE day at the Field Museum in Chicago. We decided to go now because most school children wouldn't be having a field trip so early in the year. We were right! There was hardly anyone there.

Just outside the parking garage, a wall of water:


The field museum:


Elyse was afraid the tusks would fall on her:


Elyse stirring the pot:


How strong are you?


Is brother stronger?


Samson's twin:


With all his might:


Change for the tolls?


One handsome boy:


Charlie bit me:


The trip scared him senseless (old glasses):


Old glasses:


Walmart called and said the kids glasses were ready for pick up. After the field trip, we stopped by the house to pick up capris that we needed to return. Then we headed to Walmart so the kids could see the light.

New glasses for Elyse:


New glasses for Zachary:


For you sports people that wear glasses, you know how banged up they can get. We decided if it was pretty cheap, we would get Zachary a pair of athletic glasses. They were dirt cheap, so we got him a pair. Here he is trying them on - sorry about the blurry picture:


Of course, he wasn't ready for me to snap the picture:


But, I snapped away anyhow. His team colors are red & white - these will match perfectly. Hopefully, we won't have smashed glasses and cut up face this year. We'll see!


We need to work on peaches again tonight. Oh boy!

7 Comments:

At August 30, 2011 5:34 PM, Blogger Tim said...

So what did you learn?

 
At August 30, 2011 5:38 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "There was a jewelry section and it was so cool! They were gorgeous. Did anybody here know that there was more than one color of sapphires? There is white, yellow, blue & green. There was amethysts, rubies and opals. After almost every picture Mom took of me, she called me Betsey. The Egyptian section was cool. I NEVER KNEW that their was BILLIONS of years in the past (sarcastically). The picture of me and my new glasses, I am saying "nerd!" Yes, I do look like one. This is the longest comment I have ever done. Tomorrow is the first day of youth group YEAH!!!!! Loveyoubye!

 
At August 31, 2011 7:13 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Love the glasses and lov the field trip! Those museums are great so long as you don't go every year! :)

 
At August 31, 2011 7:57 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Good times! I like the kids new glasses. They are both very good at choosing attractive frames. I must say I was NOT so good at picking when I was a kid!

 
At August 31, 2011 9:00 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Emily - you must be remembering IMBC's VBS program and visiting these museums EVERY YEAR!!!!!

We decided that since it was FREE, it was a good thing. If we would have paid $29 EACH, that would NOT have been a good thing.

Elyse HATES her new glasses. She continually complains about them. They have wide ear pieces - which she picked out, btw - and she still complains about them. We think they look just fine!

 
At August 31, 2011 2:13 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Oh, and I see Elyse got her shirt back. I feel badly for keeping it so long!

 
At August 31, 2011 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great captions, Mom! I enjoyed reading through this. You three really seem to have fun taking pics together on your trips - what great mom/kid moments!

Elyse! I totally remember that jewelry section! When I was there in college, there was one display shelf where the piece of jewelry was missing, but the sign was left up that said, "Will you marry me?" What a creative way to propose! And NO, I did not know there were multiple colors of sapphires. News to me!

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home