Adminswife

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

For two years our living room looked the same. If you know me well, you know I can't stand that. The only way the carpet under furniture got vacuumed, was to rearrange the room. That means...

I decided we were ready for a change (and a serious vacuum cleaning, ha!). I need your opinion, what do you think of the new room? My partner in crime is on the stairs.


Another view:


The problem is the lamp by the little couch. The cord has to go across the floor. I KNOW someone (probably me) will trip on it and break the lamp. Other than that, what do you think?

Now we have our landlady's furniture marks on the carpet, my furniture marks on the carpet from the first arrangement and we are now making third marks with this arrangement. I can't seem to get them out of the carpet. Oh well, it isn't my house, right?

Edit: I want you all to know that my vacuum cleaner was completely overhauled by my loving husband. It no longer smells like my granddog. Dad found a broken piece inside, replaced it and now we are sucking up the whole carpet, and children, not just the dust/dirt.

6 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 2:03 PM, Anonymous Lacey said...

I like it!!! But now it makes me want to re-arrange....Hmmm....

 
At August 17, 2011 3:12 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Lacey, too bad that your partners in crime are too young to help with the moving of your furniture. Oh, I wasn't really a partner in crime, I didn't even know it was happening. Back to my book!

 
At August 17, 2011 3:42 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Lovely! I like it!

I don't have any grand ideas for the lamp cord. Would one of those rubber things you see in offices work? I think you slip the cord underneath and the rubber is heavy and stays in place when walked over.

Sorry about George's scent being stuck in the vacuum. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's a stinker that's for sure!

 
At August 17, 2011 3:59 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Dad mentioned the cord cover too. I just don't want to buy anything right now. Especially, if I don't like this arrangement after a trial period.

 
At August 17, 2011 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't trip over that cord and break the lamp before the next time I visit, I can confidently say that I will take care of it for you. I was not blessed with graceful movement.

Another trick you could try is duct-taping the cord to the floor. I've seen it done before, but I don't know how it would affect your carpet. ??

I like the new position of the piano! Your new stuff fits nicely. Good job!

love,
Betsey

 
At August 18, 2011 2:35 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Have a rug? Put that over the cord. It'll be pretty too! Have Elyse knit or crochet something, maybe.

The room looks great, by the way! Fresh, new, and clean. Oh, and we are pouring baking soda in our vacuum bags now. Works WONDERS! Smells so fresh and makes the room seem even cleaner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home