Adminswife

Saturday, May 19, 2012

PARK, KIDS, BASEBALL!!!!!

The zipline park is always a place the kids want to go over and over.  This time, Caleb talked Gpa into climbing the jungle gym (made out of bungy type cords).

Another shot of the jungle gym...













The next day, the kids wanted to take their Mom and Dad on the zipline.  Heading to the car:

The extra person has a "special" seat.  Such a good sport you are, Lacey.
Even Luke got in the act...

Zachary wanted Luke's family to watch his ball game at noon on Saturday.  The best shade was behind the bleachers and the dugout.  It was hard to see, but the shade was worth it.  We took a picnic lunch to eat while we watched the game. 














One beauty with brother behind her...
One little boy more interested in the surroundings than the game...
 





Zachary was the catcher part of the game...

Zachary did a great job as catcher... 

Isn't she gorgeous?  Notice the red face, did I mention it was hot outside?













When we got home, I checked weather.com for the temperature.  It said it was 87.  I thought I was hot.  When I talked to Lacey, she said the outside temperature reading in their rented van said 92 degrees.  It was stinkin' hot.

When I got home, I couldn't drink enough water.  I had several glass of milk with my dinner.  I took a nap and was a mess when I woke up.  I think I was dehydrated.  It felt awful.  I am fine now - I guess buckets of water will help end that feeling.

All in all, it was a great weekend.  Those kids sure are fun!  They were such good sports at the game in the extreme heat.  I hope they aren't too sunburned, we forgot the sunblock.

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2012 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,

Since I've inherited so many things from you, my problem with staying hydrated probably comes from you, too. It REALLY messes you up! I get headaches pretty regularly if I'm not drinking enough water - sun only makes that situation more extreme. Glad you're feeling better!

I've had it explained to me this way : Being de-hydrated is the same thing as having a hangover. When a person gets drunk, alcohol replaces the water in their body, and their body reacts strongly against it because it wants to be running on water. So the symptoms a person experiences on a hangover is how you feel when you have exerted yourself without putting enough water back in your system. Interesting, huh??

Now that I'm working out with teachers after school, I bring FOUR water bottles to school every day and think them all! And I still get headaches sometimes.

Take care of yourself!

love,
Betsey

 
At May 20, 2012 3:10 PM, Anonymous Lacey said...

Thanks for keeping the kiddos for our overnight, and for having us big kids, too! :-) We always have a great time visiting you. (And Z did a great job at his game! I can hardly believe how old he's getting!)

 
At May 21, 2012 12:43 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Fun times! I love reading what's going on in your lives. We helped friends move on Sunday...we were pouring sweat by the end of it!

 
At May 23, 2012 10:11 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

AWESOME photos! I feel like I got to be a part of your day. Thanks!

The kids are so beautiful and grown up. Grace looks like a teenager half the time.

And Zach is looking SOO much like Luke did when he played baseball. Long and lanky! Can't believe my little Zillaman is so grown up. Go, Zilla, go!

PS, I love how Elyse "watches" games. :) Looks like she got some projects done at the same time. I remember Buzz and I used to pay just about as much attention at Luke's games. Coins under the bleachers + candy from concessions = heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home