Adminswife

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Second verse, same as the first!

While Tim was in meetings, I walked around the campus and took pictures (yes, I remembered the camera.  Yay me!). 

Current students playing Frisbee in between the dorms.  It is finals week and they need to move around.

Dad and I took a tour of Bemidji.  Yes, we finally got a car to drive around.  The area is famous for Paul Bunyan memorabilia.   You can tell how tall these statues are because of Dad's height.

Or, my height.

Another statue - we didn't get close enough to read the sign, so I have no idea what the point is.

Bemidji is that start of the Mississippi River.  

There was a gorgeous rainbow (picture doesn't do it justice).

This is the start of the Mississippi River.  It isn't very wide at this point.

Dad & I took a detailed tour of the school.  All the buildings are pretty old (creaky floors, just like our townhouse).  It was nice to get a feel of the land. 

We went out to dinner with the president and his wife.  They are down to earth folks.  Had a good dinner with them.  We ate far too much food.  Now we are stuffed to the gills.  Thankfully, breakfast in the cafeteria isn't much to speak of - they are trying to get rid of all the extra food.  I had a yogurt this morning with milk and juice.  That was all that appealed to me.  Tomorrow, I will do the same. 

While Dad is in his last two meetings tomorrow, I am going to look at houses in the area.  I have about ten picked out from online searches.  We saw one tonight - no way!

Enjoy our little tour!

5 Comments:

At May 02, 2012 9:02 PM, Blogger Tim said...

So far, so good

 
At May 03, 2012 9:02 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Cool! Enjoy your time looking around!

 
At May 03, 2012 11:38 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Mom, you look so cute in your new tops! I like them a lot.

You are at the START of the Mississippi River? That's really far north. Not quite as far north as Minot, but still pretty far.

Let us know what you thought of the house search. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

 
At May 03, 2012 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the top you're wearing with the blue ox! Cute.

I've kind of always wanted to see where a river begins. If you move to Bemidji, I'll have to check it out with you!

Thanks for the updates!

love you,
Betsey

 
At May 04, 2012 7:41 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Erin, Bemidji is 47.5 degrees north, and Minot is 48.2 degrees north. Pretty close, but you are correct. US Route 2 connects the two.
Betsey, Lake Bemidji is the northern most lake that feeds the Mississippi and they have that sign there. When I look at the satellite photos on Google Maps, I can''t follow a single channel down to where the river is more defined. Take a look; there are thousands of lakes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home