Adminswife

Saturday, July 14, 2007

STRANGE BED PARTNERS!!!!!

If you have a weak stomach, please don't read on or look at the next picture (that means you, Emily). Last night we went to bed totally exhausted. I put my back out somehow, had my hand slammed in the cabin door, didn't sleep the night before, need I go on? Anyway, we went to bed. Around 3:00 a.m., Tim screamed out that something bit him. So, we turned on the lights and looked through the sheets - nothing. We went back to bed. Around 3:30, Tim screamed out again. I thought he had been married to me too long and was having visions like me only he "felt" his instead of "seeing" his visions. So, we turned on the lights and looked again - nothing! So, we went to bed. Around 4:30, I felt something on my leg. I swatted it and it bit me. So, I got up, woke Tim and turned on the lights to look again. NOTHING! Whatever! So, we went to bed. That morning we were supposed to pack up and leave, so I was pulling the sheets off the bed. Under MY pillow was the following:

Yep, it is a real scorpion. I thought they were only in the dessert - WRONG! I asked the owner and he said they had a few, but sprayed every week to keep them out of the cabins. Since we were in that cabin three weeks, he couldn't spray ours because it stinks so bad, we would have had to move. THANKS ALOT! Do our adventures ever end?

After we packed up we headed up I-75 to Athens, TN, to visit Mayfield's Ice Cream Factory (we went there last year and took the tour, this year we just wanted the ice cream). We got a SINGLE cone that was the size of a triple cone for $1.50 (they raised their prices 50 cents since last year). Elyse didn't drop hers this year, yeah! I guess she is growing up. This picture is of the kids on a cow outside of Mayfields. BTW, today we ate Krispy Kremes for breakfast, Mayfield's ice cream for lunch and haven't had dinner yet and it is 4:00 here. Can you tell we are on vacation and not worrying about healthy eating?

This is another cow outside of Mayfield's. It is HUGE!

We are now in Gatlinburg, TN, in the Smoky Mountains. No, we didn't have enough of the mountains, so we thought we would see more. We plan on seeing Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The kids are swimming in the motel pool. Tim and I went for a few minutes. Tim is reading on the sidelines, I am blogging, and Elyse just came back in because she is hungry. What's new!?!

Miss all who read this mess. Love you!

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2007 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm pretty sure scorpions are poisonous. I think you should do something about that.

Love,
Boo

 
At July 15, 2007 5:15 PM, Blogger Emily said...

ummmmm...i'm not coming to visit you next year...those are unfit conditions in which to live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home