Adminswife

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!!!!

Friday and Saturday - Betsey's graduation celebration (see previous blog in regard to that).

Sunday morning, I received a call from Erin wishing me a Happy Mothers' Day. Regular church activities. Then we headed to Chili's for lunch. We thought we would have to wait in a LONG line. But, we waited about five minutes. Is that because we were early (12:30 p.m.) or is it the poor economy? Either way - we got in quickly. I had a ribeye steak (yum, yum) with loaded mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli with shredded carrots (worth making at home, great combination of vegetables - who would have thunk?). We were all too full for dessert, so we decided to go home and get a dessert at snack time later that day.

When we got home, there was a phone message from Dan-O wishing me a Happy Mothers' Day. Sorry I didn't get the message until later because I turn the phone off during church and forgot to turn it back on until later. Emily also called.

I received cards from Luke, Lacey, Grace, Caleb, Ava and Jaden, Emily & Dan, Erin & Tobin, Zachary & Elyse.

Elyse wanted so bad to get me a present. So, Dad, Zachary & Elyse went out Saturday night and got me a gorgeous plant - a "New Guinea Impatiens." it is beautiful.

Here is a close-up of the impatiens. Hopefully, I won't kill it and it can move with us this summer.


Sunday evening, we headed to Applebee's for dessert. I had a "Mile High Ice Cream Pie." It was amazing! BUT, for all of you who will run out and try it, it is WAY too much to eat. I ate every bite thinking it wasn't too rich. When I got home, I had a stomache all evening. Raspberry Tea didn't even help - I was doomed. While it was going down, I would recommend it highly. Next time (if there ever is a next time) I would share it with a friend (or enemy, doesn't matter). Not only that, but the weekend made me gain four pounds (not my idea of a good result from a GREAT weekend - but it was fun while it TASTED).

Elyse also painted the outside of a flower pot and planted a flower in it (she made it at PCS). Zachary's friend, Jeffrey, brought me a white rose. He is such a sweetheart.

Thanks to all who contributed to my amazing Mothers' Day weekend. I enjoyed every minute of it.

3 Comments:

At May 12, 2009 9:58 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Cool! Those are beautiful flowers. I hope it stays alive too! It will make your new home feel that much more lovely. Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day. Maybe someday I'll share that dessert with you. ;)

We didn't do too much differently on Mother's Day. It's weird not having a mother around to pamper! Love you, ttyl.

 
At May 12, 2009 10:31 AM, Blogger Emily said...

What a fun weekend!

Jeffery is such a cutie!

Love you, MOm!

 
At May 15, 2009 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. Thank you for traveling to see me and for making me feel special that same weekend that was supposed to be all about you!

We are lucky kids; thanks for putting so much effort into loving and taking care of us.

Love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home