Adminswife

Thursday, April 30, 2009

ONE SMARTY PANTS!!!!!

Today Dad, Zachary, Elyse and I went to Grace for Betsey's Awards Ceremony. We left our house at 6:30 a.m. (yes, I said A.M.). When I realized that I timed it wrong, we were 40 minutes early. So, we stopped at WalMart in Plymouth to return a pair of Elyse's capris that we bought the last time we went to Grace. We had breakfast in the car (the leftovers went to Betsey).

We went to their new orthopedic building - quite impressive. Betsey was glad to see us and surprised to see Dad (originally, he wasn't going because of work).

Does she look happy to see us?

On the screens they had all the names of the awards and who was giving them out. This one says "Outstanding Prospective Teacher Honorable Mention." The stupid photographer was a little tipsy when taking this picture. See if you can find Betsey's name.

Now she is listed in the "Who's Who" booklet. A little blurry again. This time she is listed as Elizabeth Rumley (I guess they couldn't make up their mind who she really was).

This is a little blurry, but I wanted you to see her actually getting an award. The girl to the right of Betsey (the 2nd one) is Kathryn, one of her roommates.

Her "Who's Who" certificate.

She got two plagues to hang up in her office someday.

She is one smart cookie (must take after her mother). We are proud of her.

My four children...they look like stairsteps. When we got home, Elyse mentioned that she was standing on her tippy toes. No wonder she looked taller than Zachary. She isn't in real life.

On the way home, we hit Wendy's for lunch. They have double stack combos for $2.99 (double stack, fries and drink). We fed the four of us for $12.98. What a deal!

Betsey, we are so proud of you. It was great to see you and Micah. Congratulations! You done good!

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2009 2:18 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations, Betsey! You are amazing! Dan and I are proud of you!

 
At April 30, 2009 9:39 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Love you, Buzz! Those pictures made me teary. So proud, wish I could have been there to support you! You'll have to show off those awards next time we see each other.

Thanks for respresentin' the fam, Mom and Dad! (and Zach and Elyse!)

 
At May 01, 2009 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mom and Dad. It meant so much to me that you came. I loved seeing you all and being supported by your presence!

I love you,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home