Adminswife

Saturday, February 27, 2010

MAKING A HOUSE A HOME!!!!!

When we rented this townhouse, there were pleated shades in all the downstairs windows. Two were broken when we moved in, the third one broke after we moved in. We tied the blinds up and put up inexpensive curtains. I got curtains for all four windows for $56 - that includes the curtain rods. Such a deal. This whole house is beige: the carpet, walls, ceilings, stair rails and doors. Just too much for me - I love color!

DEN BEFORE CLOSED:


DEN BEFORE OPENED:


DEN AFTER:

LIVING ROOM BEFORE: notice broken shade.


LIVING ROOM AFTER:


LIVING ROOM FROM THE TOP OF THE STAIRS:


I also rearranged our bedroom. No pictures of that - it is the same furniture, just rotated.

Zachary & Elyse were given a HUGE horse barn and stables set. It is like a doll house, only for horses. They have one building put together. They have been playing with it for the last hour (and no fighting - a miracle). Just wait until they get it all put together - it will take up half the room. Such a blessing (and free).

Zachary & Elyse's room finally has light! I bought a lamp with five shades (similar to Erin's that she got to go to college). It is very bright in their room now. No more using the closet light to play in their room.

We are finally getting settled in, can you tell?

Next job - making banana bread (the awesome one we tried at Emily's house).

5 Comments:

At February 27, 2010 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, who gave them the horse and barn set? I know Erin and I looooved those things when we were younger!!! I am sure they will have a blast with them. It's great that they are enjoying putting them together; that's good exercise for their brains!

You're doing a great job putting your house together, Mom. Sounds like you're getting things just how you want them. Can't wait to come see it sometime!

love you,
Betsey

 
At February 27, 2010 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the curtains! It makes a huge difference! And I'm glad the kiddos are having fun with the barn. I knew when I saw the horses that they would love that barn.

 
At February 28, 2010 8:09 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Curtains really add character to a room...and such an easy way to do it! Good job, it's nice to get away from the beige every once in a while, isn't it? I hadn't realized what a tall ceiling your living room has. I really just have to come visit and see it for myself.

I want to come play with the horse/barn set! That seriously was Betsey and my favorite toy when we were little. Do the kids still have our tub of horses?

Love you guys, see you soon hopefully!

 
At February 28, 2010 2:15 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Barn/stables from a friend we met here.

Yes, they still have all the horses you girls had when you were younger.

Yes, the ceiling in the living room is two stories high.

Please come visit - any one of you that reads this - dying for company.

Just a little color makes a world of difference. I can also open the curtains - love the sunshine. Hate being closed up.

 
At March 01, 2010 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can I get your recipe for this awesome banana bread? I have some frozen bananas that need to get used somehow, so I would love to try a great new recipe!

love you,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home