Adminswife

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ARTISTS AT WORK!!!!!

Elyse decided that drawing would be a good activity for the afternoon. She is very busy at work:

Her finished picture:


Then she decided to keep drawing, another finished product:


The other two artists in the family, made this yummy pizza. Dad made the crust, I put on the toppings. Isn't it the most beautiful thing you ever saw? It tasted great, too.

Another fun snack is s'mores. We dipped a big marshmallow into melted chocolate (from Betsey's wedding) and the stick was a pretzel. To cool the treat and harden the chocolate, put it on a small piece of graham cracker. I wish I had a picture of it - it was very tasty. We got the idea from church. It was a snack offered to anyone after church. They didn't charge for the treat, just put out a "tip" jar. They also had trail mix the next Sunday. The tip jars received over $1100. The money goes to scholarships for campers from our church. Z & E don't want to go to camp this year, maybe next year.

Hope this finds you doing well and enjoying your day. It would be nice to hear from you who read this babbling. Care to comment? Something?

7 Comments:

At March 10, 2010 9:04 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Elyse, I don't know about you making a counter-post in the middle of Mom's post. I love both of your pictures.

Sue, The pizza was good every way it can be good.

 
At March 11, 2010 7:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The pizza looked very yummy!

 
At March 11, 2010 10:00 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Elyse's caption is hilarious! She is just as critical of her own work as the rest of the Rumleys (me included).

Pizza looks scrumptious...homemade stuff is the best!

Mom, Tobin made your polish lasagna the other day. We like that one! It was delish as well.

Thanks for the update, it was fun to read. Where is Zilla's artwork?

 
At March 11, 2010 10:42 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'll take some of those smores!

 
At March 11, 2010 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin - what do you mean, we're all critical of our work??? I think I'm AWESOME! No criticism necessary. ;)

Can't believe the chocolate is still around! I'm glad you're enjoying it....you paid enough for it! :)

I want some of that pizza NOW. Care to e-mail me the recipe?? I have tried a few experiments with homemade pizza; some have turned out better than others. That one looks fabulous!

love you,
Betsey

 
At March 11, 2010 12:52 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Erin - Zachary says, "Sorry, not an artist."

Elyse says, "I'll draw more pictures for you."

Betsey - check your email for the recipe!

 
At March 14, 2010 7:41 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

Grace says to Elyse, "You did a good job. It looks pretty!"

From Lacey - Elyse, you did great! Don't be so hard on yourself. God has given you a gift to be able to draw! (Trust me, I do not have that gift!)

And Mom and Dad, your pizza looks scrumptious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home