Adminswife

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NEW RECIPE, AGAIN!!!!!

This was supposed to be a "Baked Ham & Cheese Omelet." You bake it in a 9x13 and then add ham and cheese. After five more minutes of baking, you roll it up starting with the short side. Here it is in the 9x13 - gorgeous, isn't it?

After taking it out, I tried to roll it up. Nope, not going to happen. At least it didn't stick to the pan. But, parts fell off as I attempted to roll it up. So, we cut it like a pizza. Don't you think it would taste just as good rolled up or not? It was amazing! Elyse hated it, but we usually say, "Give it to Mickey, he hates everything." So true.

Tonight we went to Baker's Square for Pie Rush Wednesday. You only have to buy one thing to get a free slice of pie. We ordered four pops (soda for you, Dan-O). When the waitress brought us our drinks she brought the kids the kiddie drinks. They only cost 69 cents. The total price of the night, $6.00. Such a deal for us!

A neighbor was throwing out a bike. They weren't home, so we took the bike home. Zachary thinks he fixed it. He loves tinkering with things. I talked to the neighbor to make sure he was throwing it out and he told me what was wrong with it. Since Zachary thinks he fixed it, we will give it a spin tomorrow to see how it works. If it works, we got a pretty nice bike for nothing.

I made a loaf of bread tonight. It was so good, we ate the whole thing for dinner. Of course, Zachary & I had to try a few pieces before dinner, so no one would be poisoned. Tim was late getting home because of the traffic, luckily, we saved him a few pieces of fresh bread. I will be making it from now on - so simple and great tasting!

4 Comments:

At September 24, 2009 8:02 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yummy, yummy!

 
At September 24, 2009 8:31 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Omelets, pies, pop, & fresh baked bread; this post made me hungry! Enjoy your new bike; now you just need one more and you 4 can go biking together! Zach, you're handy; keep it up, it's a good talent to have when you've got your own place.

 
At September 24, 2009 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Timothy R branch of the family is getting positively economical! Awesome! Now I have a taste for homemade bread...I guess I better get baking.
Hope the bike works. Great deal Zach.
McAunt

 
At September 25, 2009 1:55 PM, Anonymous Lacey said...

Have you shared your bread recipe with me yet? If you haven't, would you? I still haven't been brave enough to try bread, but since my rolls are turning out fairly well, I want to try bread soon.

Emily - are you baking all your own bread now? I seem to remember you saying you're not buying bread from the store anymore.

Aunt Nona - I like that phrase - "positively economical!" Cute! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home