Adminswife

Saturday, October 17, 2009

FAMILY NIGHT!!!!!

No pictures, sorry.

Since moving to Illinois, we have been trying to have "family night" on Friday nights. It has been just a movie night previous to last night. One of the blogs I read, mentioned making dinner on family night fun. So, I tried her idea.

Last night each entree started with the letter "P." We had pizza, pie and pop. It was fun for the kids. Of course, we didn't mind eating pie either (apple, for those who wondered).

We finished up the apple pie with our lunch today (Saturday).

Can you think up more menus using the same letter? Elyse has quite the list. It will take us all the way to 2020 to use them all. She is quite the list maker.

While grocery shopping for the "P" dinner, I forgot the pop. So, I stopped at Jewel-Osco on the way home. I hate that store - it is always expensive. Target & Dominicks both sell 2 liter pop for $1.98. I was appalled. Since, I forgot the pop, I decided I didn't care what price it was, I was getting it a Jewel. Guess what? Jewel had a special - 2 liters of pop were only 79 cents. Woo-hoo! Not only that, they had coffee on sale from $8.99 to $5.99. I dropped my cart, ran to the car to get my $1 coupon. I had to buy two cans of coffee to use my coupon, but that meant the coffee was only $5.44 (if I did the math right). Good deal! I guess Lacey & Emily's couponing is getting through to me. I am saving money left and right.

Have a great day, everyone!

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2009 3:55 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Delicious! And GREAT deal on the pop...2 liters are going up in price down here, but sometimes we get a sale under $1, which is a great time to stock up! I'm hoping to hit a sale before Christmas too.

As for dinners that start with the same letter...marmalade & marshmallows? Green gatorade & garganzola beans? I don't think I'm too great at coming up with good dinners, haha.

 
At October 19, 2009 1:28 PM, Blogger Emily said...

What a fun family night!

I'm hoping to post a good deal that I stumbled up while at Meijer last night. We had a date night by renting a movie, buying pint size ice cream (nothing bigger can fit in our freezer!), and hot chocolate. We happened upon the Meijer brand 1/2 gallong orange juice on clearance for $.58. Wow!!! I bought 4. :)

 
At October 20, 2009 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Family nights are great! I am glad you guys are making a point to have those. The kids will definitely treasure those memories in the future. They will appreciate all your efforts in time!

The letter-themed menu is fun. I must be a lot like Elyse; I think I would really enjoy that as well! I will have to hear her list sometime. You could have also had:

Paella
Pasta primavera
Pineapple
Punch
Pickles
Pinto beans
Pretzels
Pumpkin roll
Paninis

I should stop. But, I really think it's a fun idea! :) Obviously.

love you,
Buzz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home