Adminswife

Saturday, October 01, 2011

APPLES, GRAND KIDS, CHILDREN!!!!!

Friday, Zachary, Elyse & I drove to DK Orchards to pick apples. Luke, Lacey, Grace, Caleb, Ava & Jaden met us there. We got there a little early. It started to rain pretty hard. When Luke's family got there, the rain stopped. It didn't start again, until we were done picking apples.

We also got a few tomatoes (picked that morning), a gallon of apple cider and one pumpkin (Elyse caught me in a weak moment).

Not only was it rainy, but it was freezing. We all had on coats, hats and gloves. I remembered our boots, so our feet were cold, but dry.

All bundled up and ready to pick:



Two big helpers:


Proof that Lacey was there:


Zachary helping Grace fill their basket:


My BIG helper was Jaden. I would pick the apples while he put them in the basket. Each time he laughed really hard. I didn't get the laughter, but it was cute!


Luke picked some at the top of the hill. He posed for me:



Eating our apples and getting ready to get back on the tractor-pulled wagon:


We almost pulled away without getting the Gala apples L & L paid for:


Finally loaded up:


After all our work, we rewarded ourselves with Taco Bell:


Jaden really likes Taco Bell - he ate a whole bunch:


Z, E & I stayed the night at L & L's house. On Saturday, we watched the grands while L & L went to a wedding. We sure had a full weekend. It was a lot of fun!

3 Comments:

At October 02, 2011 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So bummed I missed out this year! I was really hoping to be able to go with you all. All well, looks like I missed a super-cold day!

Glad you had a good time together. Can't wait to snag my apples from you next weekend! I just found an apple butter recipe that I am dying to try.

love you!
Betsey

 
At October 05, 2011 9:12 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

Thanks for coming up, and for watching the kiddos for us on Saturday. They would've frozen at the wedding.

So, that's two years in a row of rain during our apple picking adventures. Next year let's try for some sunshine. :-)

 
At October 19, 2011 10:08 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Ah, fun! I can't believe how many posts I've missed. I WANT SOME TASTY NORTHERN APPLES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home