Adminswife

Saturday, May 30, 2009

JADEN CHRISTOPHER IS HERE!!!!!

FINALLY! Jaden Christopher was born on Friday, May 29, 2009, weight 10# 6 oz. , 22 inches long, at 10:48 a.m. (Michigan time - 9:48 a.m. our time). We got the call to come watch the grandchildren at 4:00 a.m. (aren't you glad I didn't call all of you and let you know we were on the way?).

Zachary, Elyse and I watched the three grandchildren while Luke and Lacey were getting to meet Jaden. The kids are so cute. They are VERY well behaved. It was a new experience learning to deal with Grace's diabetes. She is such a trooper. She is so smart. She can almost do everything herself. She doesn't even seem to mind taking four shots a day AND poking her fingers at least four times a day (sometimes more, when there isn't enough blood).

Luke's fellow employees made them a card to welcome Jaden. This is the outside of the card:


The inside had a note written by each employee and "WELCOME JADEN" made out of dollar bills. Such creativity.

There is also a shirt made out of a bill in the upper right hand corner.

They also sent a baby pacifier made out of balloons - it was so cute.

Did they stop at that? No! They included a monkey that is like the other security blankets they got the other three children. Such generosity!

If you want to see more pictures of Jaden and all his many visitors, check out the Rumley's blog.

Zachary, Elyse and I made it to Tim's going away party about 20 minutes late. PCS put up a huge tent and had a HUGE spread of food, including a hog roast. A lady made 100 chocolate covered strawberries that were amazing and HUGE!!!!! There weren't any leftovers! This was also a retirement party for Dick & Carol Davis. They served PCS for 30 years. Each of the three received a plague and many cards. It was a nice day all around.

Tomorrow Dad preaches at FEBC, then PCS has an open house, then they go to Michigan to see Jaden. It will be another long day.

Monday, we have someone coming to look at the house in the morning. Ask me if we have a bombed house. We need to unpack from the weekend, Betsey is here (need I say more) and we have packed Dad's books and shoved them in Erin's closet. Oh boy! Have we got the work cut out for us in the next 30 hours or so.

What a GREAT weekend! Welcome to the family, Jaden. You are very loved and we are thrilled you finally decided to meet us personally. Love you all!

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2009 5:24 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

He's finally HERE!!! :) Very cute pictures of the balloons, card, folded bills, and such. I hadn't seen those yet! I'm glad you are all back safe and sound. Another adorable grandbaby for you to enjoy, woohoo!

I forgot to ask Dad how the picnic went when I saw him on Skype last night. Sounds like it was fun. Mmmm, I love a good hog roast. And the chocolate covered strawberries sound to die for as well. And a good turnout, too, if 100 strawberries were all gone. Although I think I could eat 10 or so myself.... :)

 
At May 31, 2009 6:25 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Great post! Thanks for the extra tidbits about Jaden's arrival.

I'm glad to hear that Dad's going away party went well. Dan and I were sad to miss it.

Love you!

 
At June 01, 2009 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DID call me and let me know you were on the way. :)

Thanks for the great workout today! My arms are still burning!

Love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home